Thursday 4 June 2015

Charlotte Church: David Cameron is a 'misogynist'

Charlotte Church on David Cameron: 'He was so dismissive – if either of us said [anything], it really irked me.'


Charlotte Church attends a press conference announcing a national anti-austerity march and demonstration for June 20, calling for an end to austerity and more social affordable housing. Photo: EPA

Miss Church, who voted Labour at the election but said she would now vote Green, made the comments as she announced her support for a major march against planned Government cuts later this month.

Miss Church said she had only met the Conservative Prime Minister once at a meeting of anti-phone hacking campaigners but found him “gross, really misogynistic”.

She said: “It was me and Jacqui Hames sitting next to him, and he was sort of like, anything that me and Jacqui said ... all of the men were sat opposite him - Hugh Grant, Brian Cathcart.

“He was sat opposite them and me and Jacqui Hames were put either side of him for the photo opportunity - I can deal with all of that even though we have along way to go in gender politics.

“But he was so dismissive – if either of us said [anything], it really irked me.”

Miss Church has been said to be worth £11million but she said her wealth had been exaggerated., also said she would happily pay 70 per cent income tax.

“I have paid all my taxes since I was 12 years old and I would be totally happy it if was raised to 60 per cent or 70 per cent. I would not move away, I would not have an offshore account.

“That would be totally fine for better infrastructure and public services, and more of the Scandinavian model which I see as far more progressive, than we currently are.

“I would be absolutely fine with that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment