Thursday 4 June 2015

Hon. Remmy Hazzan takes a bow, writes the people of his constituency.


Excerpts;

"THE FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT....."



My good people of Odogbolu State Constituency as well as Ogun State citizens at large, it is with a grateful heart that I write this piece as my parting shot for a successful eight(8) year tenure in The hallowed chamber of the Ogun State House of Assembly.

When I came seeking your mandate to represent you in OGHA in 2007, you stood by me through thick and thin. Against all odds, you gave me your mandate.

I am immensely grateful because through your unalloyed support, I went further to become the Deputy Speaker in 2008. A position that offered several opportunities at the National and global stage. Such opportunities include but not limited to the address of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in June 2008 on behalf of the then Speaker as well as an address to the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Conference in Arusha, Tanzania in October, 2009. These occasions and some more has rewritten the name of our State and LG in the global history of Parliamentary Democracy.


On the floor of the hallowed chamber, Odogbolu has become a voice that takes no back seat any longer. Our voice as a constituency has become so influential that ardent followers of events in our State waited for our opinion on a wide range of issues. This is to me is epochal and a major shift in our political paradigm.

In reaching out to our 84 towns and villages that make up Odogbolu LG with physical projects, we have succeeded in leaving our indelible footprint on the sand of time. 

No man does it all. I therefore believe so well that I have played my part within the limit of allowable resources of time, financial, and others. 

I therefore sincerely hope and pray that my successor, Barr Adebowale Ojuri will pick up from my exit point in the Hallowed Chamber and lift the banner of our LG in particular and that of the OGHA/OGUN STATE aloft.

I am proceeding to face other challenges of life but will not be quitting the political stage. The Ogun State Project is an all encompassing project and I am a major stakeholder at any point in time. Therefore, expect my involvement in many angles.

On a final note, I will leave you with this word, LISTEN TO YOUR CONSCIENCE IN DECIDING WHICH DIRECTION TO FOLLOW, BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERSPEED ON THE ROUTE YOU CHOOSE IN CASE YOU NEED A DETOUR, A U-TURN OR AN OUTRIGHT STOP.
SPEED IS A DISADVANTAGE WHEN YOU HEAD IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

Thank you so much for the opportunity. 

I will be back soon.

Remmy Adewale Hazzan, ESV, RSV, FCIArb

No comments:

Post a Comment